Wednesday 12 February 2014

Huge Malaysia Haul

10 days in Malaysia are finally over, it went by so so quickly (I need a device that will slow down the time when I'm there next!!). Without a doubt, I went a bit cray cray in shopping when I already have a list of where to go, what to buy, what to eat. So in this post, I will talk purely about what we have bought (not going to cover everything because I can't keep track of everything we bought).


As soon as we landed, I dashed into the duty free shop in KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) and purchased 2 Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in 05 Mademoiselle and 76 Sari Dore. They cost 95MYR each which I think is cheaper in comparison with the Melbourne duty free price (if I'm not mistaken, I forgot how much it was!!). I love Chanel lipsticks not just because they are Chanel, these lipsticks are so hydrating, so pigmented and cream like texture (easy glide on) and most of all the classic Chanel sleek packaging - the gold and black packaging I love so much. These lipsticks could make such a great accessories in the handbag. I want to touch up my lip more often just to have the excuse to take them out from my handbag. Thanks to my husband who bought me my first ever Chanel lipstick (Rouge Allure in 99 pirate), I fell in love with them since.

Carry on, we had a quick trip to Sephora KLCC (desperate much). Speaking of Sephora, Australia has no Sephora, I am still asking why in this matter and I get so frustrated that I can't reach Sephora when I needed something from them. So this explains why I get super excited and run to Sephora the first thing when I'm in Malaysia. So these are the things I bought:

  1. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash (I heard so much good stuff about this scent, I need to try it out! I warned my husband to stick with the dove body wash we have in the bathroom and this body wash is for myself, He laughed at me. I don't think he knows I'm that serious.)
  2. Soap & Glory Heel Genius Amazing Foot Cream (Winter is coming in Melbourne, so it is time to try out this foot cream when I actually put on socks at home!)
  3. Soap & Glory Flake Away Scrub (Smells amazing, why not give it a try!)
  4. Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water (Yes I never try cleansing water in my life and here is my first bottle of it.)
  5. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Portion Original (repurchase product, I used up mine)
  6. Too Faced Lip Insurance (I'm giving this lip primer a try)
  7. Sephora Collection Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear Waterproof in 09 Kaki (I'm liking these shadow crayon though it says liner but I'm gonna use it as eyeshadow. I never have Khaki colour eyeshadow before, this is pretty damn impressive! The colour is very pigmented, creamy and easy to blend, waterproof means perfect for humidity and hot weather- summer! Great buy!)
  8. Sephora Mini Makeup Palette (I got this for free! I swatch all the 4 eyeshadows and they are very pigmented. There are 2 lip colour and a blush too. Great size for travel and to put in my handbag)
I signed up for the Sephora Loyalty Program when we were living in Singapore a year ago and I was entitled to redeem the mini palette as my birthday present from Sephora (How awesome is that!). On top of that, I will have double points collection on the stuff I bought from them. Hence, I bought the Soap&Glory and TooFaced products together. I was so upset when they told me the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette was out of stock when we were there, this is the most wanted item in my list! Ah well, online shopping time.

Next we went to the local beauty store and pharmacies: Sasa, Guardian and Watsons. Believe it or not, both of us went straight to picked what we wanted for the next couple weeks (we didn't go all dramatic stock up a year supplies because my mother is coming to visit us soon. We sort of have a shopping list for her already!)
My husband, Keith has collected 6 boxes of dental floss toothpick, deodorant (the one he likes but couldn't find in AU) and some mouth spray with different flavours.
I, on the other hand, picked up 3 sheet face masks (buy 2 free 1 deal) to try on, they are Aloe Vera, Avocado and Arbutin face masks. Then, a Dove deodorant, Garnier Brightening Eye Roll-On, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in 33 Pacific Blue, Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner (It was on sale and this is one of my favourite liquid liner so why not!) and Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 6 (It is the Maybelline Color Elixir Liquid Lip Balm that everyone were raving about but sadly not available in Australia at the moment. So when I saw it, I bought one right away to try it out. Worth the hype? YES! It's like a lip stain but hydrating and I love the packaging!
Here is the review of it by EssieButton and Eating Lipstick. More about lip polish, here is a video of few looks with Maybelline Lip Polish.

Due to the time constraint reason, I went in Topshop quickly to get these 2 products Lips in Beguilded and Face Wipes. I'm quite impressed with the makeup line by Topshop to be honest, they have done a great job. I love their face wipes especially, it is the best I've ever use and I have been repurchasing this product for about 5 years now.


I was looking for Keith in Bangsar Village II after our manicure and pedicure treat and I found Caudalie!! I almost did my happy dance when I saw it but I stay calm on the outside but screaming in the inside (if you know what I mean). I have been wanting to try this brand out for a long long time since Lisa Eldridge was talking about it for few times (must be good enough for her to keep talking about it). Some of the mentions are: French Pharmacies & My Beauty Regime on Long Haul Flight. Sadly, Australia is not carrying this brand (if you know where to get them in Australia, please let me know).
Forgot about Keith (this is how excited I was), I went straight up to the counter and put my hands on the products. They just look so beautiful! The lady at the counter decided to let me try on the Beauty Elixir and spray it on my face. That moment, I said "I'm so buying this" to myself because my face feel so good after that spray. It refreshed my skin like nothing has done it before and of course smells amaziiiinnnngggg! Keith found me when I was in the middle of all these and the lady sprayed the beauty elixir on his face (with his permission of course). Guess what, he likes it too, it just wakes you up like that!

Enough with the blabbing, I have bought the smaller size of the beauty elixir limited edition bottle (travel size) for 60MYR and the winter duo set which consist of hand and nail cream and a lip balm for 35MYR. The lady then gave me a bunch of these samples to try, she's the bomb! I can't wait to try them all out and I know I will repurchase this brand for sure! Also, I might be going to France with Keith in March (if not just Keith), I can always get more from there.

We spent most of our time in Pavilion shopping mall since our hotel was just right across it and there were a lot of special offers booth everywhere. They gave out scented papers to us and this scent caught my attention! We went back to check out what perfume it was and what was the deal they were offering at that time. For 295MYR, you will get the perfume, body lotion, body wash and a travel bag in black. I said yes and asked for some samples, they gave us a miniature perfume for him (Keith got something too!) I like the packaging because they are purple! Also, we took a picture with their cute little picture taking set up spot and had 2 photo printed. Sweet little things to make customer happy, well I am happy with it, it shows they care even after you pay.



Clothes wise! We bought stuff from Zara, H&M, Forever21, Esprit Outlet, Mango and a scarf selling shop.
Keith got a black T-shirt from Nike, 2 jumper (navy and black) from Zara, 1 blue stripe jumper and a beige chinos from Esprit Outlet and a grey and blue hoodie from H&M.

From Zara, I bought a white tank top, Sweater with black and white stripes and dark blue skinny jeans. From Forever 21, I bought the floral fantasy midi skirt and from Mango I bought a Black Vinyl envelope cosmetic bag, a red and white stripe top, crepe wrap dress in off white and black and a red tank top. From H&M, I bought a black fine-knit cardigan, stripe short top and a yellow clear pouch and from Esprit Outlet, I bought an orange hoodie alike top and a pink tank top. I managed to get 2 scarves in good quality and the patterns I wanted at an affordable price in a scarf stall in Genting Highland. Lastly, I bought a BabyBliss curling iron as well.
As usual, my pile is bigger than his pile :)

I think that is pretty much most of the stuff we bought during our trip back to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was so much fun that we are missing that place already!

Love, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment