Wednesday 2 April 2014

Long Flight Beauty Regime

Hello there! I went to Paris 2 weeks ago, had a great trip but the flight was deadly. Luckily there were lots of movies for me to watch in-flight (and I was tired enough to sleep in the plane for couple hours).

I used to take short flights a lot (2-3hours) and putting moisturizer just before the flight was sort of enough for me (my skin will still be dry but not that bad). When I start taking long flights, I realized my skin just started to give up on me. My skin felt dry (like Sahara desert dry), hurts, dull and tired looking (it's just not a nice scene). I knew I need to do something and after watching the Long Haul Flight Beauty Regime by Lisa EldridgeIn-flight Beauty Essentials/ Skincare Routine by Fleur de Force and My Holiday Beauty Bag & In-flight Essentials by Amelia Liana, I built my own in flight beauty regime. It works and I get compliments too.

The trip to Paris took about 21 hours (14 hours to Abu Dhabi then 7 hours to Paris) and about 20 hours back to Melbourne (14 hours to Abu Dhabi and 6 hours to Melbourne). So, let's talk about the long flight beauty regime:


THE TAKE OFF:
After the plane food, I start my in-flight beauty routine (sort of like getting ready to sleep) by cleaning my hands with some  Dettol Healthy Touch Instant Hand Sanitizer (I was in a window seat, walking in and out to just wash my hands is quite annoying). Next I remove my makeup with the Estee Lauder Long Wear Makeup Remover Towelettes (travel pack). Then follow up with some cotton pads and Sephora Collection Triple Action Cleansing Water to cleanse my face. I like the fragrance of the Sephora cleansing water but it irritated my eyes for like few seconds.With my face clean! I then spray some of my favourite Caudalie Beauty Elixir to freshen up my face. Love the scent (it's very refreshing).
Then, I apply a layer of the Laneige Special Treatment Water Sleeping Mask and massage in circular motion like applying moisturizer. Good thing about this mask, it's clear! I apply another layer and leave it. When you're stuck in a plane for hours, there's never too much hydration mask. I have scooped the mask into a small tester container and I did the same with the perfume so I don't have to carry the whole bottle (I pumped some of my Chanel Allure Sensuelle into the little travalo).
Last step on my face, I used Caudalie Lip Conditioner to give my lip some moisture. Put some L'Occitane Shea Butter Passionate Jasmine Hand Cream on and I'm ready to rest. I put on my purple Lavender Eye Mask (from Daiso) to block out the lights and the lavender smells helps me to sleep.

THE TRANSIT:
I arrived at Abu Dhabi International Airport for 2 hour transit. It was 6 in the morning local time, so I went to the bathroom, brush my teeth with the toothbrush and toothpaste I got from the in-flight pack.
I clean my face with the Sephora cleansing water and spray Caudalie beauty elixir on my face. For moisturizer, I put on the Elizabeth Arden Intensive Daily Moisturizer for Face over my face and neck. It is their 8 hour cream range and it has SPF15 to protect my face from the sun. Since I can't really take a shower after the 14 hour flight, I use the Guardian Flushable Feminine Wipes to clean myself a bit. Spray some deodorant (bought a small bottle from Sephora in Malaysia) and the Chanel perfume and I'm good to go. I did put on my hand cream again.

THE LANDING:
The flight to Paris from Abu Dhabi took about 7 hours. I had some food, watched some movie and put on the eye mask and slept a little. When the plane was about to land, I pulled out my beauty bag again. I reapplied face moisturizer (since the in-flight air condition just sucks all the moisture as usual) and I had Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops to ease the irritation of my eyes from the dryness. I didn't bring any eye cream but I brought the Garnier Light Brightening Eye Roll with me. I just love this stuff, you can roll around your eye area whenever and it feels so good!

I couldn't walk into another country with my naked face so I apply my Bourjois CC Cream which act like a tinted moisturizer and it's SPF15 (even better!). Also, I dab some Bourjois Blush Exclusif on my cheeks and a mascara is a must! I used Clinique High Impact Mascara in black. (The guy next to me was like, what is she doing? at this point)
Moisture my lips again with the Caudalie lip conditioner, spray my Caudalie beauty elixir on my face again (I just love that stuff so much!), spray some perfume, brush my hair to detangle them and I'm ready to land!

So that's pretty much what I did during long flights, they are more or less the same (sometimes just different product of choice).

*Reminder: drink as much water as you can and do not wash your face with the water from the bathroom in the plane (you never know where the water come from and if it's clean).

Here are some videos for your reference:
I hope these would help you to build your own in-flight beauty regime! It's always nice to hydrate your skin and this would occupy you for a little while in your long flights too.

Love, Carol

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely useful darl~ You have a great blog ^^
    I wonder what the guy must have thought.. XD

    ReplyDelete