Tuesday 1 April 2014

American Sephora Haul


I have been drooling over these on Sephora website, YouTube videos (everyone was raving about them) and beauty blogs. Sadly, there's no Sephora in Australia or any store that sells Urban Decay and Marc Jacobs Beauty line. Also, I was really sad to find out that the Naked3 was out of stock when I was in Malaysia's Sephora. Just my luck!

It took me awhile to make the decision to buy them via Sephora online, mailed them to my cousin who live in New York and he mailed the package to me (American Sephora do not ship to Australia). The package took awhile to reach and there's shipping cost to cover but still worth it (they ended up cheaper than the retail price in Malaysia and Singapore's Sephora surprisingly).

I was really excited to get my hands on these and my first impressions for these are:

  • Urban Decay Naked3 Palette: First of all, the packaging is way better than the first Naked palette I own (I didn't buy the Naked2 palette, maybe I should one day?). The thin metal like 'clip lock' packaging will last longer than the card board, suede like packaging (my Naked palette is quite beaten up after a few trips in my bag). Moreover, the mirror in the Naked3 is way bigger and it came with a good quality brush and a set of eyeshadow primer samples. The colours are rose gold theme (very pretty), very wearable for any skin tone and they are very pigmented. I have been using it since (still exploring) and loving it. 
  • Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con No.7 - Plush Shadow in 202 The Tease: This is the most gorgeous and expensive looking eye shadow palette I have ever own. Look at the packaging! It's very sleek, skinny and expensive looking (it's not cheap). I like the fact that it came with a little pouch to protect it. I bought the tease (the purple theme ones), I know everyone would go for the lolita (neutral theme) but I have neutral eyeshadow palette already and I love purple (they accentuate my brown eyes), it came with a nice selections of matte and shimmer eye shadows. They are pigmented, build-able and easy to blend. 
  • Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat in 3: I heard so much about the Touche Eclat. After years of consideration, I finally caved in to this Touche Eclat community. I love the gold pen packaging but the click at the back is a bit annoying, I always click it when I try to close the lid (clicking it will release product to the brush). I use it to highlight and tidy up my lip and brows. I'm not sure if I really like it but don't mind having it (need time to decide).
That's it from the American Sephora Haul, what I like about the American Sephora is they let you choose your samples to go with your purchase and you can collect points based on the amount of money you spent. I think I would start to accumulate my 'wanted items' and purchase them this way again (the only down side is to wait longer). It would be great if Sephora start shipping to Australia, don't you think?

Love, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment