Sunday 6 April 2014

Chanel Rouge Coco: The Hydrating Lipstick

When I was in Paris, it was really cold and my lips were extremely dry. I have packed few lipsticks with me for this trip and I have realized the hydrating ones! I don't need to apply lip balm/lip moisturizer before I put the lipstick on, which made touch up after a meal easier (my lip did not chap at all). I'm speaking of the Chanel Rouge Coco, the hydrating lip crème colour.

I have packed 2 of the Chanel Rouge Allure, a Topshop Lips and 2 of the Chanel Rouge Coco with me for Paris trip. After 2-3 days of outings, I realized the Chanel Rouge Coco were the most hydrating ones out of the bunch I brought to Paris with me, love them. Not saying the Rouge Allure or the Topshop Lips are super drying but they are just not as hydrating as the Rouge Coco. So, Rouge Coco were my most used lipsticks, especially the 05 Mademoiselle. It is a nice pink lip colour with a brown undertone that made the finish look a natural pinkish nude lip. Also, this is the lip colour on Venessa Paradis from the Rouge Coco campaign. Looks beautiful on her, I like how the colour looks on me and I have darker skin. So, I would say this lip colour would suit most skin tone.
The other colour I have is 76 Sari Doré. This is a nice orange colour that suits my tan skin, great for summer! However, Paris was not quite summer when I visit so this lipstick colour stay in the hotel in my makeup bag for the most of the time.

Rogue Coco has a soft and creamy texture, very easy to apply (it literally just glide on). It claimed to deliver 8 hour hydration with a single application. I didn't count the hours but I can say for one application, it lasted for a long time (until I wipe it out with my napkins after lunch/dinner), it did not bleed out, very pigmented and the best yet! it hydrates my lip from the harsh weather (strong cold wind that pierce). Nice classic and sleek packaging. A good lipstick to invest on!

Love, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment