Wednesday 5 March 2014

The Daiso Storge Containers

I need to organize the stuff in my beauty drawers (mainly my face cream, deodorant, hair serum, dry shampoo, hair brushes, perfumes and et cetera )like literally every single day. I don't know if you have the same problem where you pull the drawer to reach to the stuff you store in there (obviously) and the movement you made cause the 'earthquake' in there. If you have this problem, I know you would understand how annoying this would be. Things moving around, rolling around, stacking on each other, it's just a chaos in there that you need about a minute to dig in there to get that one thing you need! There are ideas of using recycled tissue boxes or containers to place in there to store the items and secure them in a spot instead of moving around. However, using recycled tissue boxes just doesn't really appeal to me (I tried and they look hideous, I'm just not that good in DIY) especially to store my beauty products (hard to clean, doesn't look neat, covering the products when I like to look at them nicely organized and so on). So I have been looking around for that perfect storage containers for my drawer and for Keith's drawer too since he's having the same problem but didn't really bothered by it (I'm the one got bothered! OCD much?!).

I have been loving to just stroll around in Daiso, looking at stuff they have (when I have time) since I discovered them in Malaysia for the very first time in my life. I just love what they got to offer! It is 5MYR for everything in-store in Malaysia, 2SGD for everything in-store in Singapore and 2.80AUD for everything in-store in Australia. Of course, Australia just has to be the expensive one for the same thing like every other brand (Zara and Mango in my opinion). But hey, still not bad to pay 2.80AUD for stuff you need when you're in Australia. So here are the things I found that I'm happy with. I got these plastic stack-able storage containers and I'm so glad I found them. They look identical to the MUJI ones (they are not available in Australia) and the quality are fairly similar or even the same (I've checked out these MUJI containers in Malaysia)! So I bought a few of them for myself.



They are 2.80 dollars each in Daiso, come in these sizes and the best thing is they are stack-able! They fit nicely in my drawer with 2 of the wide shallow ones and a skinny rectangular one. I have took the two wide shallow ones out to show how much you can fit in them. Problem solved! No more moving, rolling and stacking items in my drawer when I pull it open anymore. 


Additionally, I store 2 of my favourite Topshop facewipes (I normally bought 3 of them each time I stock them up) in the smaller oval deep container (shorter rectangular shape). And in the bigger deep container, I store my bobby pins, hair clips, hair bands and a hair donut at the bottom. Things are organized at my side and I'm happy about it. I can always get more of these containers and stack them up if I need to, it is just so handy. I think I saw some of the similar organizing patterns from the videos by ViviannaDoesMakeup, Essiebutton and Lily Pebbles (I think they all used the MUJI ones but I found the cheaper versions of them now).

Moving on for Keith's drawer, I bought the more masculine ones. The dark brown fabric containers (they have the metal bars around them to hold the shape and the stuff you're gonna put in there) are very handy. They are from Daiso too (again, cost only 2.80 dollars each) and comes with few sizes and different colours. I bought few of the medium or the biggest size ones (I don't remember anymore) for Keith. They are much deeper in comparison to my storage containers which is perfect for him I think.



He store his funky sunnies he got from festivals or holidays and his swimming goggles in one container. On the other one, he store his proper sunnies and his travel wallet in it. We bought another one of these to store the 'chargers' we have for every device we have in the bedroom (not all of it). We have few of the international adapters, 2 camera chargers, toothbrush charger, his shaver charger and so on. Instead of having a jungle of tangled chargers, now we have them organized. Cheap, good quality, simple and they made our place more organized! How great is Daiso.

Love, Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment