Sunday 9 March 2014

Tea Collection

This house is filled with a Chinese and 2 Australian with their Irish and English heritage. That means, we all love our tea. So here are the tea collections (nothing exotic) we have so far (we do buy tea occasionally despite the amount of tea we have now). We don't have the teapot with infuser in it or a clip infuser so we don't have any loose tea leaves yet. I think my dad just bought us a nice glass teapot with infuser in it but we won't get it till next month when my parents visit us. So all the tea we have now are in tea bags.

I will start off with the smaller boxes of tea bags we have.


The Lemon & Ginger Tea by Twinings Herbal Infusions Range, this one is my favourite at the moment. So basically the lemon wakes you up and the ginger warm you up. I have been drinking this tea religiously for the past month that I need to restock them so often (I think I'm the only one drinks this but they ran out so quick). I normally put a teaspoon of honey in the tea to have the sweetness and I'm loving the combination! I'm having a cup of it right now as I'm typing this blog away. It is a caffeine-free tea, so you can drink this whenever you want.
Next is the Jasmine Green Tea by Dilmah. This was my favourite, I still like it very much but I have been reaching the other tea more often now. Love the aroma, especially in the morning, just makes me happy smelling and drinking it.
With all the hype of Chai, I have decided to try them and I bought Chai & Vanilla Tea by Twinings Exotic Range. Still not sure if I like the scent and spiciness in the tea, I can't decide if I don't mind it or I don't like it yet. But I definitely like it better with milk.
Another caffeine-free tea, the Rosehip Tea by Tasty.
Keith was hooked on the complimentary Chinese tea he had in one of the Chinese restaurant we went to in Malaysia. So we bought the Jasmine tea in one of the Asian grocery store and hope this would be close to the one we had.
Lipton was having these nice little packaging for different sorts of tea which they called it their pyramid tea range. The tea bags are in pyramid shape (which I think it's cute) with silk like material of tea bags, I think. We bought the Forest Fruits Tea and the Russian Earl Grey Tea. Love the aroma of the forest fruits tea. One cup of this tea and the whole house would smell like it, it's like having an aroma therapy in the same time. The Russian earl grey is nice too, it's like earl grey but more citrusy in comparison.


Moving on to them big boys. These are the ones that we bought in 100 tea bags boxes. The boys reach to them more often so we need the quantity there to meet the needs! Let's start with the good ol Earl Grey Tea by Twinings Classics. Keith and I love this so much. I wasn't a fan of earl grey at first but started to become a fan since 6-7 months ago (something just click).
This is the cup of home for me, the Sabah Tea. It is a strong black tea and the tea leaves are all planted and processed back in my hometown where the tea got it's name, Sabah. Keith fell in love right away when he had Sabah tea for the very first time when he traveled to Sabah with me to see where I grew up for the very first time. Drinking this tea remind me of the time we spent in Sabah, especially the time when we hiked and conquered the Mount Kinabalu (The highest mountain in the South East Asia).
My mother in law (Keith's mother obviously) gave us this massive box of the English Breakfast Tea by Madura. I always like English Breakfast, it's like the most preferred tea when I was younger.
Sean, Keith's brother suggested that I should try the Australian Afternoon Tea by Twinings Limited Edition when we were in the aisle of tea and coffee in Coles. It was on sale and I decided to give it a go. It is like English Breakfast but stronger.
Sean's favourite tea, the Pure Green Tea by Twinings. I don't mind it but I definitely prefer the Jasmine Green Tea.
Last but not least, the classic Lipton Quality Black Tea, who doesn't have these?


So that's what we have so far! I'm very sure the collection will grow. Till then!

Love, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment