Tuesday 1 March 2016

Making my own breadcrumbs

I started to make my own breadcrumbs and I made it a habit of mine now. In France, their ready made breadcrumbs in the shops are not the usual breadcrumbs texture I used to use when I was in Australia. They are dryer and finer, very cous-cous liked shape, it is just not the same.
They are great with fish but not ideal for making burgers, meat-loafs, meatballs, etc (in my opinion). 
Since, we will have baguette at least once a week (they are so yummy and fresh here) and we usually can't finish them, the idea of making my own breadcrumbs popped up!

So here's how I make them, it's just 3 simple steps.
  1.  Cut the baguette to thin slices and put them into the food processor. Blend them to your ideal texture.
  2. Spread your breadcrumbs evenly on a baking tray (lined with baking paper) and bake in a preheated oven at 150C for about 10-15 minutes.                                                                         
  3. Your breadcrumbs are ready! I bought a glass jar from Ikea to store them.
Instead of throwing stale bread and buying ready made breadcrumbs, why don't just spare 20 minutes of our time and make our own?
p.s. My husband actually asked what brand of breadcrumbs I used for the first time because he likes it very much.

Love,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment